- Bloomberg Law – Your access to Bloomberg Law will continue for six months after graduation. During that time you may use Bloomberg for research related to bar preparation, interview preparation, private study or employment. You do not need to register for this extended access.
- Lexis Advance – Your access to Lexis Advance will continue until December 31, 2017 but it must be accessed through http://www.lexisnexis.com/grad-access/ On July 1st your Lexis landing page will change to job and career information. You have until June 30th to spend any accumulated Lexis points. Graduating students who will be employed by nonprofit organizations can also apply for the Lexis ASPIRE ID Program which gives you 12 months of free access to Lexis primary materials and select secondary materials. See the grad access link for more information.
- Westlaw – Your access to Westlaw will be severely limited after graduation unless you take their survey for Graduate Elite access. The Graduate Elite program provides up to 60 hours of searching per month until November 2017. Logon to your Westlaw account and click on the Graduate link for details on eligibility.
Current 1Ls and 2Ls – Summer Access:
- Bloomberg Law – Your access to Bloomberg Law will not change. You may use either system for research related to any school work, private study or employment during the summer.
- Lexis Advance – Your access to Lexis Advance will not change. Lexis permits research related to any school work, private study or employment during the summer. Note that some employer policies require the use of firm accounts.
- Westlaw – Your access to Westlaw will be limited to a set number of hours for academic use per month during June and July unless you register for summer access before the end of May. You may register for summer access if needed for academic purposes, such as:
- work on Moot Court or a law review or journal
- an unpaid externship for which you receive law school credit
- or work as a faculty research assistant.
To register for summer access, logon to your Westlaw account and look for Summer
Westlaw Use information. Click the Extend your password link.