Thursday, October 2, 1-4pm at the Law School Cafeteria
If you can’t find it, you can’t bring it!
Learn how to find it at the Legal Research Fair. The Library staff and representatives from the best research database providers will be on hand to show you what you’ve been missing. Refreshments, camaraderie, insightful tips and joie de vivre provided by the Librarians.
Plus, visiting our info tables will earn you credit towards food, and towards the grand prize raffle. One lucky student will win a Kindle Fire HDX!
Representatives from the following database providers will be on-hand to show you how to get the most out of each resource:
- Checkpoint – a specialty tax research system
- Foreign Law Guide – describes the legal systems of foreign countries and provides links to the law
- Intelliconnect – contains specialized materials in international commercial arbitration, health care, tax and other practice areas
- Leadership Directories – has unique search features for gathering information about judges, attorneys and other business and government leaders
- LegalTrac – helps you search the legal journal literature in ways that you can’t in other systems
- Practising Law Institute – has practice-oriented guidance on a wide range of legal topics
- Proquest Congressional – gives you access to a tremendous wealth of federal legislative history materials
- Bloomberg Law, Lexis Advance & Westlaw Next – learn what’s new and exciting about the major online legal research systems you’ve been using
PLUS: Tables hosted by the librarians showing you the ins and outs of some of our own resources and websites!
Don’t pass up this chance to hone your research skills, get familiar with new resources, and ask us questions about research tips and sources! We’ll see you in the cafeteria!